Amigos del Paisaje
The organic agriculture company, Amigos del Paisaje, located in the heart of the Alto Turia Reserve, in Aras de los Olmos, receives the Environmental Commitment Award in the category of Conservation of Natural and Cultural Heritage.
The Recognition of Environmental Commitment is an award promoted by the Spanish Network of Biosphere Reserves.
Amigos del Paisaje is a Valencian socio-environmental company located in Aras de los Olmos (Biosphere Reserve).
It is part of their commitment to society to share their knowledge and experience about the territory for the sake of a better landscape: practical workshops, trainings, presentations, books that disseminate, educate, and contribute to make the landscape, nature, and agriculture part of our lives. They try with their activities to recover that part of our life that has been disengaged from the natural rhythms. This award is a valuable recognition of such hard work for the territory and the environment that our ancestors have left us and that we must know how to preserve for new generations.
The main factors for which the jury has ruled in their favor:
- Their total commitment to saving water, growing organic vegetables in dry farming, without irrigation. This year they have saved about 400,000 liters of water.
- Its differentiating commitment to alternative crops to those already existing in the area.
- To recover and make available to the Valencian society, the flavors of yesteryear, with the highest quality and naturalness.
- To promote and disseminate a productive, professional, and environmental culture that is fair, dignified, and necessary, both for the consumer and for the farmer, as well as for the environment, valuing the work of our ancestors and betting on it in the XXI century.
- By gradually recovering landscape and architectural heritage, such as stone walls, landscape elements, boundaries, and soils.